You should always be conscious that your home is a consideration of you and who you are. When you are looking for various options for your home, you will find many small updates that you can do to be able to develop your home look more like you.
One of these little updates is how to install kitchen faucet that you currently have. Not only can installing faucets decorate your home look simply different or have an entirely different feel, but you also can easily do this plan on your own.
This implies that it is a very straightforward and affordable modernization that could make a big difference. So learning how to install kitchen faucet is something that everyone should do.
Our friends from ExcelDriveVideo have a detailed video on how to install kitchen faucet, before reading our own guideline, just have a look what they got to say:
The Lowdown of Kitchen Faucets Reviews
When Going to Decorate a Kitchen
Many people feel that this space is the meeting place, and a spot to hang out for the whole family.
Families get together to talk about the upcoming day and taking their breakfasts, or probably two friends are just sitting about, experiencing a glass of wine with their cheese snacks.
This is why the interior of the kitchen is prime concern when it comes to home improvement.
When you are planning a grand kitchen design, and you are using the maximum fashionable and stylish decor in the overall interior, one best way to take it up a notch is by installing the regular fittings.
If the whole décor is perfect, yet the fixtures are simply lifeless and dull, then you will want to keep reproducing, or bringing in people to install and correct those fixtures.
The best way to get past that is to find a reliable fixture in the first place. Kitchen faucets are indifferent, in that they are by far one of the most significant fittings that you will be putting in your kitchen.
Even if you have your devices installed and ready, and everything else in the kitchen features great, and if you have the perfect kitchen sink, there will still be a bright alteration.
You will need the type of faucet that will not only offer a style definition to the room but will also last a long since, and providing essential functionality, so you do not have to keep purchasing other fittings for a long time.
Spending in a good, standard faucet for your kitchen will help you save money in the long run.
Besides that, only most reliable kitchen faucet brand will last a long time, and feature good, without any corrosion and mineral build-up.
How to Install Kitchen Faucet – Step by Step
Hiring a plumber to replace a kitchen faucet is costly. Installing it yourself is simple (indeed one of the easiest and most initial plumbing duties).
Performing the work yourself will make sure that water is the only thing that goes down the drain, not your money.
Let’s start with Step 1 below to learn how to install a kitchen faucet.
Turn off the Cold and Hot Water Lines
- The cutoff valves should be found under the sink. Very occasionally will they be located somewhere else, such as in a utility shed or basement.
- Turning the valves clockwise shuts them off. You can leave the tap running simply since you turn the valves if you want to understand for sure.
- Be very light, particularly if it has been a long time since the valves have been changed.
How To Install Kitchen Faucet- Turn on the Existing Faucet
- This will lighten pressure in the water lines and let you check to be assured that the pipes are turned off.
- If the faucet features 2 controls, ensure they are both empty before maintaining. This implies turning both handles or, if you have an Omni-directional handle, turning it to both far sides to empty the supply line.
Detach the Existing Faucet from the Sink
- Unscrew the nuts that keep the faucet to the sink. These are usually located below the sink, immediately under where the faucet attaches to the sink. These nuts are often noticeable because they do not look exactly like normal nuts if the sink is relatively modern
- Remove the handles and deck plates if the nuts are on top of the sink. This will permit you to access the nuts.
How To Install Kitchen Faucet- Clean the Sink Surface
- You need to be sure that the current fixture is going down on a clean surface.
- Remove any putty and grime, as essential.
- A putty knife is the greatest tool for this task.
- Be sure to remove rust and mold, to protect these from creating problems with the latest fixture.
Place Fresh Putty onto the New Deck Plate
- If your faucet came with a plastic or rubber gasket instead of a putty plate, set it onto the adequate hole on your sink.
- If your faucet did not appear with a gasket or putty plate, place plumber’s putty on the inside of the rim of the deck plate.
- Into the groove of the deck plate put this string of plumber’s putty and lightly presses it into place.
Place the New Deck Plate and Faucet
- Ensure that all of the holes are considered.
- You may need to drill a new hole for the mounting hardware (moving from one mounting point to two, for example) if you are changing the system with which the faucet mounts.
- Follow the instructions of the manufacturer to make your deck plate and faucet to be put in place. This means mounting two bolts onto the deck plate.
- Occasionally the faucet may need to be added to the deck plate; sometimes it may be essential to do them both at the same time.
Install the Washers and Mounting Hardware
- Typically this means securing with a nut and washer at each of the bolts holding the deck plate, and a nut and washer controlling the faucet itself at the center.
- Be careful to follow the faucet instructions of the manufacturer.
- Usage your hands to strengthen the nuts.
- Prove that the deck plate and faucet are in the right place.
- Usage a wrench to strengthen the nuts the rest of the way. Be sure not to over-tighten them.
How To Install Kitchen Faucet- Clean the Area
- Remove excess putty of the plumber from the surface of the faucet base and sink.
- Use a utility knife or a putty knife.
- You may want to more seal this area with put an end or a similar sealant later if the joining is not strong enough.
Attach the Water Supply Lines
- Usage your hands to strengthen the supply lines to the faucet’s water joints.
- Strengthen the connections more with a wrench.
- If the water supply lines display old or cracked, install them as well.
Turn the Supply Lines On
- Turn the supply lines on
- Check for leaks in the faucet and supply lines.
- Check for leaks often with the faucet on.
- If a leak is noticed, examine each step you completed to ensure it was done completely. Some joints might work better with or needs plumbers tape.
- If there are still leaks, contact the producer of the faucet or an expert plumber for further guidance.
- If no leaks are noticed, you are finished.
The kitchen faucet can make a big difference to the look and function of the kitchen. Picking a good kitchen faucet will need a combination of your personal style and taste.
Therefore make sure that you spend enough time in the selection process and learn about how to install a kitchen faucet.
Upgrading your faucet is an affordable way to promote the functionality and convenience of your kitchen. I hope the above step-by-step tutorial on how to install a kitchen faucet will instantly update the look of your kitchen!